The District Heights Family & Youth Services Bureau is committed to working with each family to eliminate juvenile delinquency and truancy; reduce family disruptions; promote positive youth development; provide supportive services that honor the family and the child; and serve the Community as a vital resource.
The District Heights Family & Youth Services Bureau recognizes the family as the primary educator. Bureau staff seeks to support that role through helping to build effective parenting and family management skills as well as serving to build therapeutic relationships with youth through a variety of creative programs.
- Formal Counseling
- Referral and Information Services
- Informal Counseling
- Substance Abuse/Mental Health Assessments & Referral
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Education
- Parenting Programs
- Youth Development Programs
- Family Enhancement Programs
- Training of counseling, family therapy and social work interns